Town Clerk

The Town Clerk, Sandie Small is responsible for the recording and maintenance of all documents pertaining to land records, births, deaths, marriage and civil union records, issuing licenses for marriage, civil union, dogs, liquor and tobacco, voter registration, and notary services.

Lending a hand to Sandie is Elaine Pauly, Assistant Town Clerk.

– Licenses:  Marriage, Civil Union, Dog, Liquor
– Purchase certified copies of birth, death, marriage, civil union & land records
– Register to vote and vote by absentee
– Notary Services
– Recording of all land records for the Town of Plymouth

Marriage or Civil Union License:
To apply for a Marriage or Civil Union License, you will need to complete the official “Application for Vermont License of Civil Marriage” form and return it to the Plymouth Town Clerk’s office.  Once received, the license will be processed and both parties will need to come to the Town Clerk’s office to sign the document.  The fee for the license is $60.00 (payable by cash or check made out to “Treasurer, Town of Plymouth”).  If you wish to have a certified copy of the Certificate sent to you, please enclose an additional $10.   The license is valid for 60 days. For a list of Plymouth Justices of the Peace, please email or call the Town Clerk’s office.

Dog Licenses
All dogs owned in the Town of Plymouth must be registered with the Town Clerk before April 1st of each year. Please bring an original copy of the current rabies certificate and cash, check or money order payable to “Treasurer, Town of Plymouth.”

Dog License Fees are as follows:
Before April 1:
Neutered/Spayed – $16.00
Un-neutered/Spayed – $20.00
After April 1:
Neutered/Spayed – $18.00
Un-neutered/Spayed – $24.00

Copies of Birth and Death Certificates
As of July 1, 2019, to obtain a certified copy of a birth or death certificate, the official  “Application for Certified Copy of Vermont Birth or Death Certificate” needs to be completed and returned to the Town Clerk’s office.  Please enclose a check or money order, payable to “Town of Plymouth” for $10.00.  The form can be dropped off at the Town Clerk’s office or mailed.

Copies of Marriage/Civil Union Certificates
To obtain a certified copy of a Marriage or Civil Union license that was obtained at the Plymouth Town Clerk’s office, call, mail, or e-mail the request to the Town Clerk.  The fee is $10.00 for each certified copy.